Monday, August 25, 2008

Feeling my Way..



I love the way it feels to capture moments in time. To preserve feelings thoughts and emotions. This is what I'm trying to learn to do with my photography.
Hey I'm new at this. So new that my family sort of laughs at the "strange" things I choose to call my subjects. Things like bricks, wheat or especially that old metal porch chair. You had to see me. Sitting on the ground with my foot propping the chair in the air.

"OMG you have to see this! She's taking a photo of your Chair!"

I said "yeah its art".





But they're not getting it yet. I am trying my foot in the water. I don't know what I like best...yet. I love photo's of my grandaughter Hailey. I love baby photo's. I had to stop myself the other week on the beach. Sweet little child playing in the sand. Hubby said..Don't! I guess that might freak the mom out?

Lol I was being coy~
...wasn't I?


So I love taking photo's. All kinds of photo's. And I'm trying to learn. I don't have enough time in the day to read all I want to..or play with the photo's.
But I will keep trying.




Even if they laugh at me =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of the pair! Very atiste-like!

Practice makes perfect! And with a digital SLR, you can practice to your hearts content as you won't run out of film.

KAT said...

I'm doing the same thing with my new camera. It's fun to practice and know you're learning as you go. Keep it up!

Just Me said...

I love that pear shot, too!! Awesome! You're doing great. By the time I get my new camera, you'll have to teach ME a few tricks!

AtYourCervix said...

Keep on snapping away! I do the same thing - take pictures of almost anything and everything. And there is sooooo much more to photograph!! I need a new hard drive, just for my photos. :-) Love the picture of the pear - great light and shadowing.

Anonymous said...

Did you change your theme? Or has it been too long since I last dropped by? Oops!! I like your art! Ooo.. that pear shot is gorgeous!

Jody said...

Aww thanks guys! I am loving this Canon. I'm still struggling with understanding the whole apeture, ISO, ect concept; but I'll keep reading and trying until it sinks thru!

I appreciate the encouragement =)